My sister makes the most tasty spinach and cream cheese stuffed chicken breast. She invited us over for dinner one time and blew us away with these stuffed chicken breasts. This week, I got the directions from her and will be sharing them with you here on the blog.
Stuffed Chicken Breast in Oven
Making spinach and cream cheese stuffed chicken is very simple. Combine the cream cheese and chopped spinach into a bowl and cream it together so that it resembles something like a paste. Slice an opening in the chicken breast and stuff it with the creamy spinach paste.
- Cut your opening deep enough into the chicken so that you can fill it with heaps of stuffing (trust me!). Watch out not to cut your opening too deep, else the stuffing will seep out from the bottom.
- Chop any additional ingredients to your stuffing very fine so that it holds together nicely in a paste, else it just flops out of the opening
- You could cut the opening before oiling the chicken breasts, since it may be difficult to handle after coating in oil first
What else can I stuff inside a chicken breast?
You could consider using basically anything to stuff your chicken. My only tip is that you choose food that can easily be crushed into a paste so that you can fit loads of it into opening. This will also help with the flavour.
What You May Need
Start by preheating the oven to 350°F and remove the chicken from packaging and lay flat on a oven pan.
With a sharp knife, cut an opening in the chicken breast dip enough to fit loads of stuffing.
Drizzle olive oil onto the chicken breasts and use your hands or a brush to cover the exterior evenly. Apply paprika, salt and pepper.
Measure cream cheese into a small bowl and chop the spinach fine.
Mix spinach into cream cheese until well combined (I use a fork).
Stuff the chicken breasts with as much filling as they can hold.
Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the chicken for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
You can print off the recipe down below. Please return and leave a star rating for future viewers. Thank you!
Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Oven Pan
- Sharp knife
- Cutting Board
- Small bowl
- Measuring spoons/cups
- 6 Chicken breasts roughly 2lbs
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Spinach
- 4 tbsp Cream cheese 60ml
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Remove chicken from packaging and lay flat on a oven pan
- With a sharp knife, cut an opening in the chicken breast dip enough to fit loads of stuffing
- Drizzle olive oil onto the chicken breasts and use your hands or a brush to cover the exterior evenly
- Apply paprika, salt and pepper
- Measure cream cheese into a small bowl
- Chop spinach fine
- Mix spinach into cream cheese until well combined (I use a fork)
- Stuff the chicken breasts with as much filling as they can hold
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook the chicken for about 45 minutes to 1 hour
Other Dinner Ideas
Eating 3 meals a day keeps me on the look out for food inspiration, always! I regularly search for new dinner ideas, or browse other’s recipes to see how they make a dish we love.
Here are some of our latest dinners that may inspire you:
A quick mid-week dinner meal for us is this Lamb Chop Oven Dinner. I can defrost the lamb chops in just a few hours, pop them into an oven dish, and have dinner ready in around 1 hour.
Here are some other dinner ideas you can browse through:
- Pot Roast
- Lasagna (takes a little longer but can be quick if you have pre-made mince)
- Beef Heart & Liver Stew
- Sheet Pan Chicken Pot Pie
- One Pan Fried Zucchini, Sausage and Relish
- Cottage pie
- Boboti (South African Mince Curry) with Yellow Rice
- Cantonese Mince
- Roasted Whole Chicken in the Oven